Step One: Meet Requirements
- Have graduated from a BC Senior Secondary School or equivalent, or
- Be 19 years of age or over at the time of application, or
- Be under 19 years of age but have a written recommendation from your Secondary School Principal, or
- Be considered by the Admissions & Standards Committee or Registrar to be capable of succeeding in college courses in view of your particular circumstances
Meet the general entrance requirements to Music & Technology
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent with a “C” or better in ENGL 12.
- Prior music and band training is a definite asset.
- Mature students without the above qualifications may be considered for admission following an interview.
Step Two: Apply
Apply online to Selkirk College through Apply.EducationPlannerBC, the Post-Secondary Application Service of BC.
Step Three: Audition
- An audition to assess instrumental ability, music theory and ear training knowledge, as well as pitch matching, is required before admission.
- Applicants who meet the entry requirements will be advised of the time and place for the audition. Applicants are expected to attend scheduled auditions in person.
- If you live a long distance from the College, other arrangements can be made.
- The audition process must be completed before May 30th. A music teacher must invigilate the exam(s), if completing the tests by mail.
- Applicants who perform an exceptional audition but who do not meet the theory and ear training standard will be required to attend a two-week theory preparation course in August.
- This class will provide basic level entrance requirements for the applicant.
- The applicant must have a minimum final grade of 75% in both the ear training and the theory sections to be accepted into the Music Program for September.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum standard in matching pitch will not be accepted into the Music Program.