Step One: Meet Requirements
- Have graduated from a BC Senior Secondary School or equivalent, or
- Be 19 years of age or over at the time of application, or
- Be under 19 years of age but have a written recommendation from your Secondary School Principal, or
- Be considered by the Admissions & Standards Committee or Registrar to be capable of succeeding in college courses in view of your particular circumstances
Meet the general entrance requirements to Web Development:
- High school graduation (or equivalent) with a C or higher in English 12, or equivalent
- Computer Information Systems 11 and/or Computer Programming 11 is recommended.
Computer and Software Knowledge
Demonstrated competency in computer hardware and software technology, keyboarding, including Internet skills and word processing skills is required prior to entering the program. Basic computer, keyboarding and Internet skills are not taught as part of the Web Development curriculum. Applicants who do not possess these skills must consult with the School Chair before making a formal application to the program.
Step Two: Apply
Apply online to Selkirk College through Apply.EducationPlannerBC, the Post-Secondary Application Service of BC.
Step Three: Send Transcripts
Official transcripts of high school grades can be sent to Selkirk College, 301 Frank Beinder Way, Castlegar, BC VIL 4L3. Photocopied transcripts are not acceptable unless notarized or submitted directly from the school to Selkirk College
Step Four: Questionnaire
Applicants must complete a questionnaire that surveys their interest, experience and current skill set in using web-based technology. The questionnaire is used as a guide to respond to the unique learning needs of each student and cohort.
Please submit using our online form – Web Development Questionnaire.