Start at Selkirk College – Finish at Berklee
The Berklee-Selkirk College academic partnership provides students with an opportunity to begin their music education at Selkirk College in beautiful Nelson, British Columbia, Canada for one to two years, and complete an undergraduate degree at Berklee College of Music in Boston. With highly competitive tuition, outstanding instructors, and an excellent, Berklee-based curriculum, Selkirk College can help students attain their goal of a Berklee music degree.
A Berklee Global Academic Partner
The Selkirk College Contemporary Music & Technology Program is a Berklee Academic Partner and is delivered with Berklee curriculum. Academic partnerships are the most comprehensive partnerships Berklee has with external educational institutions.
Through a Credit Transfer Agreement, the curricular alignment between Berklee and Selkirk College allows students to transfer specific courses taken at Selkirk College to Berklee in order to complete their program of study.
- Once accepted to Berklee, students may receive up to 46 transfer credits for courses taken at Selkirk College. Read more on the exact courses that transfer at www.berklee.edu
This is a key element in support of Berklee’s affordability initiative. Selkirk College can collaborate with Berklee to host Berklee on the Road clinics and workshops, faculty exchanges, auditions and interviews, alumni and advancement events, and more.
Advantages of Attending Selkirk College Before Berklee
- You will save money on tuition.
- You may save money on housing costs by studying closer to home.
- You will begin your studies in a program with small class sizes and a supportive culture in a small city.
- If accepted to Berklee, you will arrive prepared to succeed.
- You’ll be able to focus on your continuing studies and major courses at Berklee.
A Berklee Global Partner
Berklee Global Partners is a collaboration of institutions, organizations, and individuals representing a worldwide community whose goals are to seek out and develop innovative educational experiences, explore and engage in creating career pathways or performers, nurture entrepreneurial opportunities, support affordable pathways to higher education, and promote the Berklee Global Partners brand and reputation as the leaders of performing arts education in the world. This collective of institutions around the world is grouped into four categories Academic, Network, Affiliate, and Special Partnerships.