- Length of Study 10 Months
- Accreditation Certificate
- Campus Victoria Street Campus
The ancient arts of blacksmithing and bronze casting are alive and thriving in the School of the Arts Sculptural Metal Program where the enthusiasm of instructors and careful training will imprint the confidence and skills you need to take control of metal. With an emphasis on developing proper technique and safely using appropriate tools.
- Blacksmithing – 4-month certificate
- Bronze Casting – 4-month certificate
Learn how to conceptualize, draw and produce incredible work in ferrous and non-ferrous metals taking you from studio discussions and exercises to forge and foundry demonstrations, discussions, field tips and exercises
You’ll get hands-on practice in studio production, casting sculptural forms and pouring molten metal as you design, create and develop molds and patterns for casting in our foundry room.
In the School of the Arts Sculptural Metal Program, master the basics of ornamental metal art design and creation putting you on the road to success in the professional marketplace.
Sculptural Metal Program: Gain Valuable Skills
- Increase your hand skills and your hand-eye coordination
- Create molds through carving rubber
- Wax chasing
- Metal finishing
- Understand the movement of mass
- Sharpen your creative problem solving
- Learn the basics of tool safety and construction
- How to present to a client
You will be immersed in a vibrant and rewarding creative experience at the School of the Arts Victoria Street Campus where students are also pursuing the crafts: Ceramics, Textiles and Jewelry.
Discover more about our Victoria Street Campus in beautiful downtown Nelson, BC. Nelson and its surrounding areas are a vital West Kootenay cultural hub. Artists are attracted to the natural beauty, the laid-back attitude and an atmosphere of acceptance that inspires creativity.