- Length of Study 10 Months
- Accreditation Certificate
- Campus Victoria Street Campus
The ancient arts of blacksmithing and bronze casting are alive and thriving at School of the Arts where the enthusiasm of instructors and careful training will imprint the confidence and skills you need to take control of metal. With an emphasis on developing proper technique and safely using appropriate tools.
- Blacksmithing – 4-month certificate
- Bronze Casting – 4-month certificate
Learn how to conceptualize, draw and produce incredible work in ferrous and non-ferrous metals taking you from studio discussions and exercises to forge and foundry demonstrations, discussions, field tips and exercises
You’ll get hands-on practice in studio production, casting sculptural forms and pouring molten metal as you design, create and develop molds and patterns for casting in our foundry room.
Master the basics of ornamental metal art design and creation putting you on the road to success in the professional marketplace.
Bronze pour today was so cool to watch ! Can't wait to see all the finished work 😀…#schooliscool #bronzepour #metalmetalmetal #selkirkcollege #kootenaystudioarts #nelsonbc
Posted by Kootenay Studio Arts on Thursday, March 30, 2017
Gain Valuable Skills
- Increase your hand skills and your hand-eye coordination
- Create molds through carving rubber
- Wax chasing
- Metal finishing
- Understand the movement of mass
- Sharpen your creative problem solving
- Learn the basics of tool safety and construction
- How to present to a client